The first innovation and technology
center dedicated for researching
Polyacrylonitrile

POLYMER SYNTHESIS

 Home > Polymer Synthesis



The main polymerization process of acrylonitrile for the production of polyacrylonitrile is known as Suspension Polymerization.
Since acrylonitrile has a solubility of approximately 7% in water, its polymerization is facilitated by the use of water-soluble redox catalysts such as the ammonium persulfate / Fe 3 + / sodium bisulfite or potassium chlorate / Fe 3 + / Sodium bisulfite.


PAN can be produced in the form of a homopolymer, that is, when only acrylonitrile is used or also, produced in the form of copolymers, when the polymerization takes place with other different comonomers.
Generally, PAN is composed of at least 85% acrylonitrile (AN) and the remaining 15% of other comonomers.


Molecular structure of PAN in the form of a homopolymer and in the form of
A copolymer of polyacrylonitrile (PAN) with polyvinyl acetate (PVA)




Copyright 2016 © Granado Polyacrylonitrile Technology Institute Ltda Ltda. Todos os direitos reservados.

D4W